• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it statutory rape and what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robbie2328

NC: My friend has just shared with me a very troubling situation and she does not know what to do. Her daughter (barely 15) was dating a guy, also 15; he forced her to have sex after she had said no repeatedly. Bottom line, he talked her into it. Her daughter was acting weird and she finally found the evidence she needed to confront her daughter. Her daughter admitted to having sex with this guy....and told her she didn't want to and she realizes it was a bad decision. My friend sat the two kids down and told the guy she knew about them having sex, shared her disappointment with them and laid down the ground rules. Bottom line, they could only see each other in her home with her around. He continued to pursue her at school and wrote her notes on how he would find a way to make it work....and have sex again. The daughter, realizing what a jerk he had been, broke up with him. Behaving as a jealous jilted lover, the guy starts telling all of their friends what a whore she is, etc. and starts stalking her. My friend went to this guys parents and told her to keep this kid away from her daughter and to shut him up - didn't work - the parents don't care. This kid continues to slander her at school, sporting events, and now on the internet; the latest being telling her new boyfriend he had sex with her. My friend is at wit's end. Her daughter is a great kid - she made a bad mistake. Is it statatory rape in NC given the age? Is this kid liable? What about the parents? Can anything be done about the harrassment and stalking? Please help....any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

B

bellestar

ISNT SHE A LITTLE TO YOUNG AND OBVIOUSLY GULABLE FOR A BOYFRIEND..... SHE SAID NO BUT HE DIDNT FORCE HIMSELF ON HER. SHE HAD TO BE THE ONE TO OPEN HER LEGS AND NOW THAT HER MOTHER FOUND OUT SHE REGRETS IT. SHE REGRETS GETTING COUGHT, NOT GETTING LAID..... NOW SHE HAS ANOTHER MAN. COMEON AND SHE IS NOT EVEN 15. HER MOM NEEDS TO REALLY HAVE A DISCUSSION WITH HER AND TELL HER SHE IS NOT READY FOR A BOYFRIEND....

jyoung

is this freeadvice.com or the friggin Jerry
Springer show? This person came here looking for advice and this "accounting clerk" has to weigh in on this and every other problem. Ease up Bellestar and get a life

R

robbie2328

Thanks jyoung. This guy is a psycho and both the Mom and daughter are fearing his stalking and behavior will lead to a dangerous situation.

T

Tracey

Contact the domestic violence hotline & ask how to apply for a restraining order. The RO will have to be tailored to accomodate them being in the same school. I don't know if his actions will meet the criteria, but it might wake up his parents. Statutory rape is almost certainly out, since she could be charged as easily as him. She can't sue for slander, since it's true she had sex with him. However, a few rumors that he's got a leeetle tiny wee-wee & is lousy in bed might make her feel better (assuming she can say they're true without blatantly lying).

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

[This message has been edited by Tracey (edited October 06, 2000).]

N

njc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracey:
Contact the domestic violence hotline & ask how to apply for a restraining order. The RO will have to be tailored to accomodate them being in the same school. I don't know if his actions will meet the criteria, but it might wake up his parents. Statutory rape is almost certainly out, since she could be charged as easily as him. She can't sue for slander, since it's true she had sex with him. However, a few rumors that he's got a leeetle tiny wee-wee & is lousy in bed might make her feel better (assuming she can say they're true without clatantly lying).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am dying here! absolutely rolling on the floor! :D that's right, give him a verbal kick! :D!!!!!!!

K

Kaboom

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracey:
Contact the domestic violence hotline & ask how to apply for a restraining order. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or better yet try to get a personal protection order (PPO).

C

ColinB

If the female said no, and he still had intercourse with her, it is rape. Not stat. rape, just rape. Bring the hood up on criminal charges.

L

LadyFable

from the original post it doesnt sound as if the boy forceably raped her. Although she said no and she may not have wanted to do it, she gave in.To me that arguement might be subjective at best. However, I would agree that a Restrainging order needs to be obatined. If he is behaving in this manner at 15, can you imagine what will happen when he becomes an adult?

Bellstar... you may have had some good points but before you start giving advice, may I suggest you learn how to spell first?

I am not a laywer nor do I proclaim to be. What I post here is not advice, but rather my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">