• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stay Extension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

secondguessing

What is the name of your state? CA
My attorney got a stay extension from the Court once; now the ASP program officer has requested that I get another "stay extension" due to upcoming surgery I have to have due to cancer. My attorney hardly returns my calls, is accusing me of being unreasonable in asking for another "stay extension" and I have advised him that I AM NOT ASKING FOR THE EXTENSION the ASP PROGRAM OFFICER IS. The officer asked me to tell my attorney that he feels that I should not be on "house arrest" until after my surgery and after I have recuperated from such. Why is my attorney being so unreasonable. He knew about this for almost 2 weeks and waited til the last day of my original "stay extension" to even go to court to ask for such. Now he has to do a "written request" for "stay extension". I call his office today and he is on vacation. How do I go about finding out if he has done this with the court, his assistant called last Friday to advise me that he did go to court and was told to do a "written request" and file with the D.A. I have no idea if this has been done or not. We are talking about my freedom here, etc. WHAT DO I DO NOW? HELP ASAP. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">