• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

What is the name of your state? md

my ex went to court for a criminal charge she had against her. on Md judiciary it is listed as plea: other plea and the disposition is STET.

What does that mean?

waitinMd

I found stet:

4. If your case is marked stet by the state’s attorney, you may petition for expungement three years after the date of the stet.

but I can't find 'other plea'

so now my question is.... how would stet affect her other criminal charges that are coming up and how would it affect her probation?

FlyingRon

A stet is a postponement of the case (generally forever if you do not commit any other crimes). The "other plea" probably means you didn't enter one (it's been a bunch of years but I don't think you need to enter a plea to get a stet, just waive your right to a speedy trial).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">