• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen as a baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

udrvemekrz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
As an infant my biological mother told my biological father (who was in the Navy) that I had died. She then gave me to her sister and convinced her estranged husband that I was his child so that he would re-marry (the marriage was annuled because she was actually married to another man at the time). The mother who raised me is mentally ill and had begun to threaten me and accuse me of elder abuse. She then threatened that if I did not give her money she would tell my father that I was not his biological daughter. In August 2009, my father and I took a paternity test which confirmed that he is not my biological father. I have since found my biological father who was told that I had died as an infant. This woman's behavior is becoming more and more irratic and I would like to press charges against her for fraud, extortion and anything else that will keep her away from me. I have attempted to file a TRO which was denied because she had not threatened me within 30 days of the filing. I have talked to the police who say they cannot do anything until she has actually caused me physical harm. This woman continues to harrass and threaten me on a regular basis. I have even spoken w/ the local FBI who says the SOL has run and there is nothing they can do. How can there be a law that places a SOL on kidnapping or fraudulently filed a birth certificate. Is there anything that can be done?

Isis1

As an infant my biological mother told my biological father (who was in the Navy) that I had died. She then gave me to her sister and convinced her estranged husband that I was his child so that he would re-marry (the marriage was annuled because she was actually married to another man at the time). The mother who raised me is mentally ill and had begun to threaten me and accuse me of elder abuse. She then threatened that if I did not give her money she would tell my father that I was not his biological daughter. In August 2009, my father and I took a paternity test which confirmed that he is not my biological father. I have since found my biological father who was told that I had died as an infant. This woman's behavior is becoming more and more irratic and I would like to press charges against her for fraud, extortion and anything else that will keep her away from me. I have attempted to file a TRO which was denied because she had not threatened me within 30 days of the filing. I have talked to the police who say they cannot do anything until she has actually caused me physical harm. This woman continues to harrass and threaten me on a regular basis. I have even spoken w/ the local FBI who says the SOL has run and there is nothing they can do. How can there be a law that places a SOL on kidnapping or fraudulently filed a birth certificate. Is there anything that can be done?

it's not kidnapping of mom GAVE you to her. she had the consent of a parent.

if you don't want contact with this woman any longer, change your number, your address, e-mail. don't ever speak to her again.

Antigone*

I can understand how difficult this is for you, but at least now you have found your father. Your only option is to stay away from this woman. If she threatens you or harrasses you in any way call the police ~ that is about all you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">