• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop Payment of Check - Statutes of Limitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LegalBeagle7000

What is the name of your state? Florida

I own a small staffing company in the state of florida. I provided a client with approximatly $40,000.00 worth of labor for a construction project over a three month period. This client had made payments however he stated at on point that he felt he was being over charged and stopped payment on to checks. He replaced one of the checks in the amount of $2,000.00 but there is still one for $3,000.00. I have recieved an additional payment in the amount of $6,200.00 but he did not reference the stop paid check as part of this so it was applied to the open balance. The stop pay occured on 3/15/02. Have the limitations run out or can i still prosicute under the law? What are the limitations?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">