• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strange Age Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eacarlso

i live in michigan and my question is this: i recently recieved a ticket for drinking alcohol while being under 21. just your standard m.i.p. ticket. anyway, i turn 21 in about a month and i'm pretty sure i'll be 21 when i have to appear in court. what's likely to happen, considering this is my first offense, my record is clean, and i'll be of legal age when i appear? thanks.

depending on the county, at the most 6 months probation, maybe restricted driving(midnight to 6 am) some alcohol abuse classes $100 fine and some community service if what I have been told is true. it is only a big deal if you are still in school and school policy bans you from sports.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">