• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Street Sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robbyp

What is the name of your state?
Nebraska

I need help. My school is trying to punish my for a no parking sign that was in my room. granted it is my sign, but it was given to my brother over 8 years ago from my cousin and it was then handed down to me. The sign itself is from Wisconsin and i was wondering if they can actually legally punish me.

HomeGuru

robbyp said:
Nebraska

I need help. My school is trying to punish my for a no parking sign that was in my room. granted it is my sign, but it was given to my brother over 8 years ago from my cousin and it was then handed down to me. The sign itself is from Wisconsin and i was wondering if they can actually legally punish me.

**A; are you a college student living in a dorm? Or a high school student living at home? What exactly did the school tell you?

seniorjudge

robbyp said:
Nebraska

If this sign is stolen, you could be in trouble for possessing stolen property.

robbyp

HomeGuru said:
**A; are you a college student living in a dorm? Or a high school student living at home? What exactly did the school tell you?
im a college student living in a dorm. they said that i will probably have community service, but i can appeal it.

ptlmejo

In other words, we're talking about school rules and not laws. Well, this isn't the "school rules" forum, but if you lawfully obtained it and can prove it, by all means, roll the dice and appeal.

Happy Trails

It is illegal to steal street signs or to receive stolen street signs. Any person caught could be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor or felony, depending on the value.

snostar

robbyp said:
im a college student living in a dorm. they said that i will probably have community service, but i can appeal it.
By means of school disiplinary action or criminal court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">