• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student Loan Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mufan

I will be a party to it when I marry her. I want to know how this will affect me and her. So I want to consult with a lawyer to see what our options are.

mufan

I don't see how I wouldn't be a party to it. If she assumed that debt as a cosigner and I am married to her then I assume that debt I would suppose.

mufan

Understood. but my future wife would have to pay the money which means that I would have to pay the money so therefore I am indirectly a party to it.

All I want to know is if there is a specific lawyer for such cases to explore her options here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Understood. but my future wife would have to pay the money which means that I would have to pay the money so therefore I am indirectly a party to it.
Please define, from a legal standpoint, what an "indirect party" is. We'll wait...

mufan

My wife must pay money. Since I am married to her then guess what??....I must pay the money. Does that not make sense to anyone but me? But that is neither here nor there. My last chance at this.....is there a lawyer that specializes in these cases if I wanted to send "her" to them to see what her options were?

Antigone*

My wife must pay money. Since I am married to her then guess what??....I must pay the money. Does that not make sense to anyone but me? But that is neither here nor there. My last chance at this.....is there a lawyer that specializes in these cases if I wanted to send "her" to them to see what her options were?
No.
Ok.
No.

All in that order.:cool:

Just Blue

You have the choice to NOT marry a "woman" that is incapible of dealimg with her own legal/financial issues. Jus' Sayin'...:rolleyes:

davew128

My wife must pay money. Since I am married to her then guess what??....I must pay the money. Does that not make sense to anyone but me?
It's not legally true. Until and unless get that, there is no further point to be made here. You are not and will never be a party to the repayment of this debt under the law. Ever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">