• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student Teacher Sex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HarryYee

What is the name of your state? I'm a resident in Massachusetts. If my roommate who is a teacher sleeps with one of his 16 year old students. Am I criminally liable for anything since I live there but do not engage with her in anyway, whether physical or even speaking.

Last edited:

stephenk

If you are so concerned about criminal charges, why dont you report your roommate to the principal of the school he teaches at? Now you will be the hero and savior of the girl. Maybe then she will want to date you and you won't have any competition from your roommate. Dumbass

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
If you are so concerned about criminal charges, why dont you report your roommate to the principal of the school he teaches at? Now you will be the hero and savior of the girl. Maybe then she will want to date you and you won't have any competition from your roommate. Dumbass

My response:

Wait a minute - - not so fast, Stephen . . .

If she wears plaid, short, skirts, and has big Pom Poms, I don't see a problem with this.

IAAL

A

ahutchGA

Could be a Catholic school. They have plaid skirts too!

I'm not picking on them, I went to one growing up.

Rochelle

How freakin' old are you anyway? Don't you have any common sense?

If that was YOUR 16 year old daughter, what would you want someone to do? Your roomie is BREAKING THE LAW and since you KNOW he's doing it, you are as guilty as he is by keeping silent.

She is a minor. He is old enough to know better.

Jeez, I've been up since 5 a.m. yesterday. I need coffee.......

Beth3

Actually, a bystander typically has no obligation to intervene in the commission of a crime or report it to the authorities.

Harry - what you want to do about this is up to you. You clearly know what's going on is wrong, both criminally and morally, and your roommate has totally violated the ethics of his profession.

Rochelle

You do indeed have a moral obligation to report this but you CAN be charged with accessory after the fact. True, it is a bit iffy but you CAN be charged.

Look at it this way. By knowing and not reporting, I would consider you helping to conceal it. It would be up to a judge to decide anything else. While you can say you knew they were there together, behind a closed door, and did not actually SEE the act of sex, you suspected it. But your friend holds a position of public trust as a teacher, and it is statutory rape.

Last edited:

stephenk

Rochelle, I think Mr. Yee would have to do some affirmative act to be charged with accessory after the fact. example, girl's parent comes over or calls and Mr. Yee says the girl isnt there.

Mr. Yee the voyeur is just enjoying the drama.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">