• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student -Teacher - Sexual Allegations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmw22

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Greetings;

Recently, a student from one of my classes has accused my teacher of sexually harassing her. Being at a private school, everyone knows and sees everything, and people are unsure as to where these allegations have come from. Since these accusations have been made, my teacher has taken administrative leave and has now resigned. People who know the teacher well have been questioned, each and every one stating that the likeliness of this teacher doing anything illegal or inappropriate is slim to none. Despite this, and despite the lack of evidence supporting such a horrible claim, our teacher has been forced out of his position, causing him to move elsewhere and find another job. To me, this seems unfair, as he has been legitimately accused of nothing, however is being treated as if he is guilty until proven innocent. As mentioned previously, this is a private school and everyone knows everyone else. In saying this, I find it necessary to add that the majority of the students do not find this girl, making the accusations, a credible victim for many reasons. My hope is to help my teacher in any way I can. Whether this means writing a letter to the school, a lawyer, or judge, I would like to help in any way I can. I am simply hoping for guidance from those more experienced than I, as to where to start in my mission to help the innocent be seen as innocent. Does anyone have an idea as to where I can/should start?

Thank you all in advance for your help and guidance. Any advice given will be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">