• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stupid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iamintrouble

Ok, here is the deal, a friend of mine works at this store and i'm going to walk in buy some stuff for WAY cheaper than its sold in the store and then walk out. Everything should be fine...but what happens if they investigate. Can i just play stupid and say "its not my fault the cashier rung me up wrong." Think about me if a cashier rings you up wrong for a cheaper price are you(the consumer) going to say anything??!?!? I doubt it. Well please let me know what would happen if somehow they did catch me. we are talking like 4000 dollars here of the REAL purchase...PLEASE HELP!!!!

JETX

This is really pretty simple...
You will be subject to theft charges... and you might get to have 'Big Bubba' as a roommate.

Your claims of 'ignorance' will very probably fall apart. I can see it now, the cashier 'confesses' to the involvement in the theft and says that you also knew about it. They check and find out that only an idiot would think that the $400 item was accurately priced at $8.95. And then they only have to show that the two of you knew each other....

Get real!!!

R

rentalbugger

But if its not bar coded and there is only a price sticker on it, then it will take them some time to find the Lost merchandise.

It cant be obvious, you cant have a $500 item on display and next day its gone but no $500 rung up in the register.....

Best time to pull this is Right after they did the inventory, cause it will be a long time before they do it again.

Or if an employee got fired for being drunk or abusive .and make sure there are no cameras pointed at the register.....

I knew people who did this at 7-11's maybe $50-100 a week, never found out since nothing was scanned and the cashier just rang up the price.And the money checked out correct at the end of the shift....i mean who i gonna miss a couple of packs of baloney!

Just like people who bought Beer with food stamps, well you go in and buy some gum,with $1 food stamp... then walk out the store with the 75 cent change, come back in to buy the beer....

Technically you become a new customer once you walk out the door!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">