• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shantellerocks

I live in IA. I have received a subponea to go to a disposition regarding my sisters case, I will have to travel about an hour and a half to get to my destination and I just had surgery last week. My doctor is telling me that he prefers that I dont go and that if he needs to write something down for me he will. Court is tomorrow, and I just had my doctor appointment today and have not been able to reach her public defender (have tried to call 5 times) to find out if this is even an option (not showing up) so now Im not sure what to do as we are to be there at 9 am and the doctor nor the defense attorney gets to the office until 8? Anyone know if I can legally get out of going?

Antigone*

I live in IA. I have received a subponea to go to a disposition regarding my sisters case, I will have to travel about an hour and a half to get to my destination and I just had surgery last week. My doctor is telling me that he prefers that I dont go and that if he needs to write something down for me he will. Court is tomorrow, and I just had my doctor appointment today and have not been able to reach her public defender (have tried to call 5 times) to find out if this is even an option (not showing up) so now Im not sure what to do as we are to be there at 9 am and the doctor nor the defense attorney gets to the office until 8? Anyone know if I can legally get out of going?
Show up in the morning. Anything short of that will cause you problems. Your doctor can "prefer" whatever he wants, it won't fly with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">