• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena from out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bhawkins

What is the name of your state? tx
i received a subpoena from a gvt agency (defense investigative agency or something). i'm an electronics distributor in dallas. they want me to go to boston & bring all records for one of my customers. its not a big customer; they buy $25,000/yr of parts from me, i pay about $21,000 for the parts. subpoena has an address where i'm to show up, but there's no tel number. subpoena also asks lots of question about my company & my 6 employees; organization, record retention policy, etc. i really dont know this customer, who buys standard parts.

why do they need me to travel thousands of miles? will they reimburse me for expenses? do i need a lawyer?

what surprises await me in boston?

thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">