• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sued for slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mollykins2

In Wisconsin. A friend of mine works for UPS and made a comment one day about a store owner that was sending out products damaged and then trying to claim it on the shipping. This has happened so many times, that UPS will not ship for her anymore, that she is running a scam. Someone overheard my friend telling me this and told the store owner. Now she is suing UPS and my friend for slander and defamation of character. Now my friend has the chance of losing his job, after 15 years of service. Wouldn't this be considered freedom of speech? And since UPS won't deal with her anymore because of her past claims doesn't that prove that what he said is true? What are his rights and what can he do? He doesn't want to lose his job. Thank you for any help that you can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">