• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking down a CULT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atpc1

My parents are in the a crazy New Age Church (some asian man claiming to be the new messiah..). He brought his church to the US in the 60's and 70's...not much heard of these days though. Pretty benign church, very lovey dovey 'brother sister' sort of deal. Harmless really.
I grew up normally but later my parents moved my sister and I to a very strict, commune type setting that was a branch of the church my parents belonged to. They asically left us there to be 'taught' by these crazy religious women. They isolated us from our parents and I was barely allowed to see them let alone talk to them. All the while about 30 kids were in the same situation with 2 main religious women running the whole thing- abusing the children on a daily basis and working them long hard hours and sometimes in dangerous conditions (ie. young kids fundraising alone in neighborhoods into the night) and obtaining money through a scam youth group.
Social services found out about the insane cult because children were going to school with bruises and also teachers must have noticed the change in the children (ie. all wearing hair pulled back, old baggy clothing, suddenly disconnecting from peers and schoolwork). An investigation was launched and 2 children were put in foster care...but the social workers let everything continue and let the 2 children go back to that environment (weird!!!). All this crazy religious abuse went on for about 5-6 years, that included sexual, emotional, verbal, and ESPECIALLY physical. People in the larger church knew about our group including the "messiah," yet did nothing.
Eventually I had to escape and run away on my own at the age of 16.
I want to sue someone...the social services? The parents? The 2 women (who made off with millions of the families' money and the money the young children worked away throughout their whole childhood to earn)?? The "messiah" guy who pretended not to know???

Please tell me what I should do and how to start this. Who do I take action against to have the most beneficial response???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

My parents are in the a crazy New Age Church (some asian man claiming to be the new messiah..). He brought his church to the US in the 60's and 70's...not much heard of these days though. Pretty benign church, very lovey dovey 'brother sister' sort of deal. Harmless really.
I grew up normally but later my parents moved my sister and I to a very strict, commune type setting that was a branch of the church my parents belonged to. They asically left us there to be 'taught' by these crazy religious women. They isolated us from our parents and I was barely allowed to see them let alone talk to them. All the while about 30 kids were in the same situation with 2 main religious women running the whole thing- abusing the children on a daily basis and working them long hard hours and sometimes in dangerous conditions (ie. young kids fundraising alone in neighborhoods into the night) and obtaining money through a scam youth group.
Social services found out about the insane cult because children were going to school with bruises and also teachers must have noticed the change in the children (ie. all wearing hair pulled back, old baggy clothing, suddenly disconnecting from peers and schoolwork). An investigation was launched and 2 children were put in foster care...but the social workers let everything continue and let the 2 children go back to that environment (weird!!!). All this crazy religious abuse went on for about 5-6 years, that included sexual, emotional, verbal, and ESPECIALLY physical. People in the larger church knew about our group including the "messiah," yet did nothing.
Eventually I had to escape and run away on my own at the age of 16.
I want to sue someone...the social services? The parents? The 2 women (who made off with millions of the families' money and the money the young children worked away throughout their whole childhood to earn)?? The "messiah" guy who pretended not to know???

Please tell me what I should do and how to start this. Who do I take action against to have the most beneficial response???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pray:rolleyes:

Oh yes, most importantly ~ US Law only

CdwJava

You probably should speak with an attorney to see if you have any grounds to sue this church or anyone inside of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">