• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taser C2 Stun Gun legal to carry concealed without permit or NOT? Help please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

netdata

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

A cop told me NO flat out. But I came across the legal question sections from a taser dealer that quoted the Florida statues that lead me to believe
the officer was wrong.

790.01 of the Florida statue indicates that:

(4) It is not a violation of this section for a person to carry for purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:
(a) A self-defense chemical spray.
(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

But in the very beginning of 790.06 it specifically states it is ILLEGAL to carry a "electric weapon" without a concealed carry weapons permit. I am confused, can someone PLEASE clarify this.

Thanks in advance,
Allen

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

A cop told me NO flat out. But I came across the legal question sections from a taser dealer that quoted the Florida statues that lead me to believe
the officer was wrong.

790.01 of the Florida statue indicates that:

(4) It is not a violation of this section for a person to carry for purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:
(a) A self-defense chemical spray.
(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

But in the very beginning of 790.06 it specifically states it is ILLEGAL to carry a "electric weapon" without a concealed carry weapons permit. I am confused, can someone PLEASE clarify this.

Thanks in advance,
Allen
From how I read the statute, the distinction is whether or not it is considered a non-lethal stun gun and is being used for defensive instead of offensive purposes. I believe that your C2 does fall within that category (non-lethal, if used for defensive purposes).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">