• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TASK Program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

batistas_girl

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I posted another post the other day but now I know more. My brother had charges against him and they were pending regarding his outcome of completing classes and things the judge ordered a court order for. Well his last hearing the judge said he did everything that he wanted him to do and that he saw no reason to continue it and told my brother to stay out of trouble and he dropped all the charges. Well before his last hearing he had to go to TASK which is goin downtown once a week for a urine test. When the charges were dropped his lawyer told him he wasnt being monitered he was cleared and dint have to go anymore. Well he got a letter stating his case has been reopened and he has to go to a preliminary hearing all over again which we beleive is due to the fact that the judge was supposed to mail a letter to the TASK program stating he was removed and charges were dropped and he never sent it. Now he has to worry about gettin put in jail again because they didnt complete the paper work. Has anyone ever heard of this happening and isnt this something like double jeopardy?

P

pass23431

Your post is a little difficult to understand, however, if all charges were dropped, against your brother, he would not have been sentenced to TASC. Treatment Alternatives to Street Crimes is an imposed sentence similar to probation, and so what you are saying does not make sense. Once sentenced to TASC, an offender will be presented with a number of Court ordered challanges that must be met. Paper work, and urine tests, are just the half of it. TASC almost always involves in or out patient drug treatment, and employment requirements, there is usually a curfew involved also. TASC demands strict adherance, as these offenses are usually serious, and almost always felonies, non-compliance with task will not mean jail for your brother, it will most likely mean prison.

JETX

This is obviously a continuation of another thread on this forum.

Please put this question/issue on the original thread. That way writers (or potential writers) can see ALL the issues and facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">