• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teenaged Sex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMac->iBreak

State: Nebraska

I am an 18 year-old boy, currently dating a 15-year old. My girlfriend is turning 16 soon and wants to have sex. I know I am not legally an adult yet (age of majority is 19), but the age of consent laws are a little confusing to me.

I believe that I can have sex with her, until I turn 19, at which point I am no longer a minor and it will be statutory rape. I will than have to wait until she turns 19 to have legal sex with her. Is my interpretation of Nebraska sex laws correct?

Thank you.

Edit: To be fair, I would like to have sex too, and while we are on ethically safe ground (she's been a friend of the family for awhile and we have discussed this with both of our parents in-depth and have found the legal matters to be the only qualm), would like to be legally safe as well.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you want to be in jail for the next several years, just keep going the way you're going.

The only way to be certain that you are not in violation of any laws is for you to keep it zipped until she is legally of age. There are more laws than statutory rape that could get you a prison record.

iMac->iBreak

You are wrong.
If you are referring to my interpretation of the law, please elaborate.

The only way to be certain that you are not in violation of any laws is for you to keep it zipped until she is legally of age. There are more laws than statutory rape that could get you a prison record.
Could you refer me to a place where I might be able to do further research? I have read through the Nebraska's legislature section 28 and found it, while necessarily verbose and therefore time-consuming to "translate", fairly straight-forward for the majority of cases. I just am unsure if Nebraska has a "Romeo/Juliet" type of law or any other precedents I might be able to refer to.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">