• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telecommunication harassment- menacing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kountrykruiser

I am in Ohio. We have a legal virus going on here. Apparently people are reporting crimes like telecommunication harassment or menacing on people that they have hatred for. It goes like this. Someone calls the police to report the aforementioned crime, swears out a warrant on their front doorstep, and bam! The person hated is suddenly thrown in jail for a crime they never knew existed? And out $500 for bail? The person in jail is fired from their job and reputation destroyed too, all on false pretenses? The police say this happens every day. Usually the outcome is that courts could care less whether it's real or not. They cities only want "revenue". The lawyers usually want $500 to $1,000 just to show up and advise to plead Nolo contendere to a crime that never happened anyway.
Even if the evidence was produced on a silver platter to have the case tossed out and the reporting party charged with a false police report, the courts, prosecutors and police could care less anyways. Is this for real and how would one defend and work through these type of cases without being found guilty of a crime that never happened in the first place?

P.S. I'm talking about a retaliatory charge. A report was originally filed against person who made the false report and swore out a false arrest warrant. Just wanted it documented at the time. They found out and filed the false report. The new party that just came out of jail is petrified to answer the door, go outside, give children to relatives whether they want them or not, and is advised to move away (hide, other than hearings) and let the bank foreclose on the house. All in fear of the next false report. Give a me a clue of what to advise please. Hell, I could be next!

*-*-* Suggestions please *-*- Ohio

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">