• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telephone harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brainblend

i live in upstate ny, i made a prank phone call to a police officers house and talked to his daughter and said "do u need a ride to school in the morning" in a womans voice, just messing around.

so her father (the cop) ended up giving me a ticket for aggravated harrasment 2nd degree (and i'm on probation)

so i admitted to making the call, but he said he got called 3 times. i admitted to doing it once, and then he gave me a paper saying what i said, but it wasn't what i had said. i am assuming the people who made the other two calls said that stuff on the paper.

but he said "don't try and go into court and plead not guilty because u just admitted doing it in front of me and this other cop" (there were 2 cops there)

but when i admitted to doing it, i hadnt seen the piece of paper saying what i said, and then all of a sudden he gives me this paper and leaves...

what should i do, i dont want to go back to jail, plz help!

Alan

M

Mike101

I can usually read peoples posts and offer some advice. For you I really can't come up with anything.
3 calls or 1 call, its not really going to matter. Were you trying to lure the girl somewhere? I guess that won't really matter. Its what its going to look like.
How did they find out it was you who made the call?
And what had you been in jail for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">