• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp restraing order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimpossible040

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii

My ex-boyfriend took our son on his weekend for his visitation and didn't return him when he should have on sunday evening. I called my son then we agreed that he could stay and miss school that Monday. On Monday evening I called and left several messages with both my son and his father to bring him home then my son called me back and said he wanted to live with his dad. I told him no and he better be home the following day. On tuesday I found out by reading my sons facebook that he was transfering schools to one near his dads house and without my consent. I have full physical custody of my son and we share legal custody. I called the school and raised hell with them for not calling me since I am the parent with the custody and they never even gave me a curtosy call. I was getting really mad so I sent him a text saying that I was going to call the police on him because he wouldnt give my son back. I said I hope he wont get into trouble with his job . (He is la live on premises maintenance man so where he lives is where he works) I demanded information from him on the text message I sent "What is going on with my son I demand to know" and said you are breaking the law by not returning him . I got no response I planned to go to his house after work on wednesday and call the police to get back my son. On Wednesday the police arrived at my job and slammed me with a tro stating that I was abusing his father by sending threatening text messages and trying to get him fired from his job. The tro included my sons name so I could have no contact with him even tho I am the custodial parent. The cop said I just gotta wait till court to plead my case. I never threatened him on any time before this all happened .. I don't even consider what I said a threat. I just threatened to bring the police to him home which may get him into trouble with his job and may get him fired. Help me someone I cant be guilty of any crime right? My son needs to be with me I raised him all my life he is 12. His Dad has not been in his life steady ... in jail for 3 yeras, in rehab or living in a half way house. I am clearly the better parent no criminal record. Even all our friends say he is wrong and my son need to be with me. I dont have a clue what to do help me please.

KimWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">