• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terroristic Threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

n2happy

What is the name of your state? Georgia.
The sperm donor for my step-son (my wife was never married to him) has threatened on tape to come here to Georgia and take my wife and son back to california. It is a calm and rational statement, not once but twice on the answering machine tape.
Since this is interstate and my wife has sole custody of my step-son, I want to know does this constitute terroristic threats and should the FBI be called in?

Beth3

So he's threatened to kidnap your wife and step-son? Have you called the police????

That would seem to be the immediate place to start and before you get too concerned about what type of crime this is and whether the FBI should be called in - that's something your local police force will determine.

N

n2happy

Thanks Beth for your reply.
Yes, the police have been notified, but of course with local police, a crime has to be committed or a third party has to be present when the threat was made. So although we will have protection, I would like to stop this from reoccuring.
A little background. This sperm donor is Iranian (his first cousin started one of the largest terrorist groups in Iran and now that group resides in Iraq although this side of the family has tried to distance themselves from them) and he informed me that he is bringing his family with him.
Perhaps the next time, I won't be privy to his arrival from California, and abduction could take place.
I guess what I want to know is what constitutes terroristic threats.
He has visitation rights under strick supervision and monitored times, but he refuses to abide by the court order since he says, "I didn't sign the order so it means nothing".
It's a tough situation since the child doesn't even know who this guy is.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">