• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terroristic Threats and Acts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

T's Gina

Georgia. my husband was arrested and charged with the above. this occurred after we had an argument and he shot the gun once in the house (not aimed at anyone). he ran off after that. i contacted police and the detectives here took out the felony warrant for the above. the judge informed him since we were back together that i could contact the da's office and let them know that i didn't want to press any charges. here in richmond county you go through the victim assistance rep (at da's office). they told me that the lead attorney would have to review the record before proceeding with the dismissal. how long before he is allowed to speak to court appointed attorney, be indicted and brought to trail. how long does speedy trial take.

K

kattrask

He shot a gun in the house and scared you enough to call the cops and report it. And you want to dismiss the charges? Why?

In Colorado, if a report is made on a domestic violence and it appears that there is substance to the claim, the victim cannot drop the charges. It is up to the DA to determine whether a charge will go to court. That is pretty much the way it need to be, I think, because it makes you be careful to know for sure you want to make the charge before calling, and eliminates the chance that te victim will play games with the system, calling the authorities every time he or she gets mad, then changing your mind. Having been in a relationship with violence, I can tell you he may soemday decide to point the gun at someone. He needs to be charged and he needs anger counseling. Hopefully you don't have any children in a home with someone that gets mad and starts shooting a gun. It is dangerous even if he was shooting in the air. He was threatening violence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">