• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Testifying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassylil_b

What is the name of your state? Nevada
My sister is currently serving time in a Nevada prison on drug trafficing charges. she has been subpoenaed to testify against one of the other people arrested with her. she has already testified against this person once and was promised a plea bargain with the da. after testifying the da renigged on his deal. is there anyway that she can get out of testifying again?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sassylil_b said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada
My sister is currently serving time in a Nevada prison on drug trafficing charges. she has been subpoenaed to testify against one of the other people arrested with her. she has already testified against this person once and was promised a plea bargain with the da. after testifying the da renigged on his deal. is there anyway that she can get out of testifying again?

My response:

He sure can force her testimony. If she refuses, the D.A. will have her held for contempt of court, adding more time to her sentence. If she testifies, but attempts to lie, the D.A. will impeach her testimony as a "hostile witness" by using her previous testimony, catch her in perjured statements, and then the court will add more time to her sentence for the perjury.

She's screwed either way.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">