• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Testifying Against Spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boomandizzy

What is the name of your state? ohio do i have to testify against my spouse at a grand jury? also, can i plead the "fifth" on some questions, so i don't incriminate myself?

HomeGuru

boomandizzy said:
What is the name of your state? ohio do i have to testify against my spouse at a grand jury? also, can i plead the "fifth" on some questions, so i don't incriminate myself?

**A: no, yes, where is your attorney?

B

boomandizzy

TESTIFYING AGAINST SPOUSE

my attorney is a personal friend, and i'd prefer to keep this whole incident from my circle of friends.

HomeGuru

Re: TESTIFYING AGAINST SPOUSE

boomandizzy said:
my attorney is a personal friend, and i'd prefer to keep this whole incident from my circle of friends.

**A: I understand so then hire an attorney that is not a personal friend.

B

boomandizzy

TESTIFYING AGAINST SPOUSE

I've cut myself short on time, I'm supposed to testify tomorrow. Can i postpone until I do have time to consult an attorney? And if so, how?

stephenk

hubby must be such a special guy that you go through all this trouble to make sure his criminal acts are not prosecuted. Plus, you seem to know about his criminal acts. you two deserve each other.

i dont think your grand jury testimony will be continued since you are represented by an attorney, the hearing is tomorrow and your attorney doesnt know he is going to be replaced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">