• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas MIP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kayleen487

Texas. I just recieved an MIP. I was the driver of the car, but had not made contact with the alcohol in any way, shape, or form. There was a 21 and a 23 year old in the car, it was their alcohol. It was in the back of my SUV, unopened. The officer insisted on giving me an MIP since it was in my car. I had no intention of drinking it whatsoever! I even had a bottle of water of my own so as NOT to drink the alcohol. Anyway, I was the designated driver for the night, that would be the reason for the alcohol being in my car. If someone can tell me what might happen, if I should argue it, and anything else that would be helpful!! Thank you!!

Crazed98

You do not have much of an arguement since it was your car and the alcohol was in your car it was within your possesion even though it was not yours.

It would be the same as if you had cocaine in your trunk but it did not belong to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">