• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas-Parents of Boys 16 & Up/Others Who Want to Change Things

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WorriedSickMom

Parents of Boys 16 & Up/Others Who Want to Change Things
If any of you parents out there in Texas have suffered through similar circumstances to ours, please contact me. My original post as well as many replies to it are located in this same forum board under the title Texas sexual assault/stat rape/polygraph/refer attorney please. Please read through all the posts and replies so you will get a clear picture of what has happened. Some people who replied apparently misunderstood some of what I was trying to say, and I attempted to clear this up by my later posts. I am looking to form a support group of parents, as well as concerned citizens of the State of Texas, and to try to get the Texas Legislature to look at this problem and make some changes. I already have several people who are committed to trying to change the laws. Boys who (unfortunately) have consensual sex with a girl who LIES about her age should be separated and treated differently from true pedophiles and other sexual deviates. Right now, the punishment is the same for all. Girls have the power to get any boy in trouble who she chooses to have sex with once the boy wants to break up or the girl becomes unsatisfied with the relationship. The ramifications of a boy making one mistake like this could jeopardize their entire future. Please contact me if you have a son who is in a similar predicament or if you have already gone to court or have accepted a plea. Also, if you know of anyone who has successfully defended themselves in a situation like this or have appealed their "probation", and are able to recommend an attorney, please let me know this also. Any parents out there concerned that their son could wind up in this same predicament should also contact me, as I will be happy to give you all the facts of our case. I never thought something like this could happen to my son, but it has and it can happen to YOUR son too -- in the blink of an eye. Only concerned Texans banding together will do something to change things for the better. THANKS!

kat1963

I'm not in Texas but would like to reply. This is not only a teenager problem...just wait until your son gets involved with one of these women later in life (ahhh, heaven help you, I hope he learned his lesson and makes better choices). They do the same thing to get their way (and some men too of course) as adults. It destroys lives and families. Unless something is done to those that claim false abuse, this will continue. While there are laws on the books, they are rarely, if ever enforced. My thoughts are that once false reporters are convicted and start doing jail time for their abuse of the system then they will be thinking twice before attempting to take advantage of others.
KAT

B

buddy2bear

One of my nephews is currently serving a 3 year sentence for "statutory rape." It was "love" on both sides -- parents didn't see it that way. The girl was 15, but looked a heck of a lot older. She was also not a virgin. He will now be a registered "sex offender," which will follow him the rest of his life, which could be a long time since he is only 20.

The Court of Appeals in Maryland stated that the male should have known the age of the female -- even if the female lies -- which means that perhaps we should start tatooing everybody's butts with their birthdates when they are born.

I have 2 sexually active sons and it makes me positively ill thinking about this. I am constantly asking them the age of their girlfriends and hoping like hell that what they tell me is true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">