• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thanks Folks !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

duketech

Arkansas Here...

Thanks for comming in here with your thoughts
and comments.As soon as they have a trial,I
will let you know the updates.Wrong or not, it
brings folks like myself, so as we can see many
viewpoints on a subject and use that info to
change a law or remove a law.This is what makes
us a bread apart !

Thanks

H

hmmbrdzz

Now that's food for thought, Duke! I wish I honestly knew, with 100% certainty if it were 100% legal for you to have put that PD's name in that box, but I'm just not 100% convinced that you couldn't face some kind of legal repercussion it. Not to say that I don't believe what Mike 101 says is not accurate, but I would just need to have something other than Mike 101's explanation to believe with 100% certainty that what you've done is perfectly OK to do -- even in NC. It's presentations like yours and the "food for thought" that make me want to go read, so maybe I'll go read up on.... on... on..... heck I don't even know what it would be called besides "internet law". I wish the IP would come back and expound some on "misrepresentation. There are some really neat things on this forum. Bright people. Happy Holidays to you in Arkansas!

hmmbrdzz

P

PdBoy

Pressure !

Most police departments are pressed with pressure
to produced arrest ( Ok, maybe just some )
What has happened here is a waste of tax payers
money if taken to court. To commit impersonations,
you must know the the name of the person you
will be impersonating.If you had no knowlege of
them being a member of that site,you could not
have impersonated them with intent to do harm or
deprive.

:confused: :confused:

H

hmmbrdzz

I still think it's illegal. In this case, a software designer, who is independently producing software programs for police departments, used his local PD's name with the intent to obtain free software for his use, his enjoyment, his profit, his prank. Whether it's worth tax payer's dollars to prosecute would be considered, just as it would be considered if this software designer misrepresented the "Department of Justice" 1 or 100 times to obtain samples of free software on "how to be a terrorist". The point is, this software designer misrepresented the police department. That's fraudulent. That's just my opinion.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">