• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft by deception

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lesiamarie

This takes place in the state of GA, but currently living in WA
My husband had a camper he bought, had the title but lost it before he transfered it.
well he sold the camper and couldnt find the title and the woman claimed theft. he spent the night in jail and is out on Bail now.
My question is... if we can not get the title what does he do? we can not find the ppl that we bought it from.
the camper is in the other ladys possession so we cant get a 'salvage' title (at least i dont think we can)
So what do we do?
my husband is really scared because he is not even suppose to leave state but he got transfered out of state for work, he couldnt NOT go. and he is scared to tell the bondsman.
any advice on any of this... we are still trying to find the org owners to maybe get a replacement title... thanks

tranquility

He was put in Jail? Does he own the camper? If so, I'd say get an attorney and sue the woman for false arrest. If by title, you mean the piece of paper proving ownership, the DMV may have a process to get a replacement. If by losing title you mean you lost ownership for some reason, I don't know what you're asking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">