• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft from employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fastone

Hey all,

This past Monday I was terminated from my part time job at a big box store. The previous week a couple others were caught for theft, I was NOT associated with those who were fired under large grounds of theft, police were on site. Sunday I was confronted and sat down in the office with a Loss Prevention manager and my manager. No police were present at the time.

The LP manager tried to make me admit to taking certain things out of the store. I denied it, I was told there is evidence and that the police has the evidence. I was not told what the evidence is though. I was told to admit it and they will give me the opportunity to return back to the store either products or some money which will have the police be nicer to me.

I did not take anything out of the store. I did move certain products from the department at one side to the department at the other side. When it was in the back, another employee took it from where it was left(hidden in a drawer, ect.) and physically took it out of the store. That employee was not caught, also did not say anything.

I was a good employee, had no problems with anyone, and was there for a long time.

This happened in Ontario.

L

LegalWithAnI

Your Ex-Employer is bull****ting you. They don't have any evidence against you. They just want to see if your stupid enough to admit to it.

L

LegalWithAnI

Really? And you base this LEGAL opinion on what?:rolleyes:
The fact that a friend who we'll call SWIM (Someone Who Isn't me) is a criminal and cops/victims always say they have evidence against her/him. And SWIM never admits to anything and he/she hasn't been caught yet. If they had the evidence they would have shown you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">