• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft/fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pudge

What is the name of your state? colorado my cousin invited me to stay at their house while i attended my mothers funeral. i accepted and stayed with them for a little over a week and i provided my own transportation and food. i found out about eight months later that my cousin was paid around five hundred dollars from the estate for food and other expenses for my stay with them. i knew nothing of this until i received an accounting of the estate. the estate's personal representatives were in contact with my cousin and so they both knew that i did not incur this debt. i was never contacted to verify any information. i may be wrong but i believe that if i was going to be charged for my stay it should not have been issued as an invitation and i should have been informed before i stayed with them and be given a statment of expenses incurred or a bill. i also have a problem with someone else deceiding to pay a claim on my behalf without my knowledge or consent. Is this fraud or theft? is there anything that i can do about this? i don't even know if this is a civil, criminal or a probate matter. this was paid out from the estate from which i am an heir, but can i make a complaint on that basis or for the fact that this was done on my behalf. i have all my credit card statments verifing that i paid my own food expences.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">