• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Troc

What is the name of your state?

Florida, state crime occurred in Oregon.

---------

Alright, brief story bare with me please I need some guidance...

A good friend of mine was getting married, I was his best man. (He is 21, I am 18) so I drove up to Oregon to see him and stayed there for a week. For his bachelor party we went out to a juice bar with some friends and ended up going back to his place around 1am. Around 2am we decided the night was too young to be over so we went out again and took a huge streetsign (I mean like 5 feet wide and 2 feet high this thing was BIG!) It wasnt a traffic device or anything like that, it was just a big street sign.

We were pulled over and ended up recieving a citation with an order to appear in Court on July 25th (1 month from the occurance). Obviously I couldnt stay in Oregon until then so i came home and now dont know what to do.

Theft II in Oregon is a Class A misdemeanor. The fine to pay was 1300$, I sure as hell dont have 1300$ to chalk up as a loss. I want to know if anyone could tell me my options. Can I call the court and have it transfered to a local judge to plead for a lessened sentance based on no previous record? I am just torn up and putting off dealing with it but I need to face it and wanted some help.

Thank you, if I need to elaborate please tell me on what and I will post back.

Thank you again.

Shay-Pari'e

Dude,.............You pulled a concreted sign out of it's spot. Pay your fines and stop acting like a two year old.

What did the sign say? I hope it wasn't a stop sig as many accidents will happen now.

Troc

It said
"Scanndanavian Cannnary Isle Drive"

We took it off, we didnt rip it out of the ground.

I just want to know what are my options, I dont have 1300 bucks I am just out of high school. I was looking for advice, and I figured this would be the place to ask. I resent the comment that I am acting like a two year old, as I have just asked for any advice on what to do about the fact I am 3100 miles from the court I am supposed to appear in and dont have to money to pay the fine off. In addition had you read you would have seen that it was not a "Traffic control device just a street sign" and that is was 5 feet wide, I havent seen a foot wide stop sign.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">