• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft on Military Base

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mwood100

YOUR STATE NAME - CA
My son is in the Navy and has recently had several expensive items, including a computer, camera and play station, stolen from his room on base while he was on duty watch. The investigators seem to be pointing the blame towards him.

M

mwood100

Re: Same thing happened to me

miaguy said:
It turned out, my roomate did it.
How did it turn out for you? My son has been handcuffed and read his rights. He was 'interviewed' for 2 hours and accused of being a liar and a thief. After that he was released. I called his division commander and not sure what else do to. Any suggestions? One of his roommate's friends is a known thief. His roommate and this friend were under investigation but it appears that is not really what is going on. This is getting pinned on my son. I appreciate your response.

miaguy

No one was charged

The Military Police could not prove who did it and no one was charged. Tell your son to keep hush and he should be fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">