• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft of recyclables

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

w0k3r

Hi. I live in San Francisco California. I'm recently charged with theft of recyclables, nontraffic and misdemeanor. One maybe charged with either infraction or misdemeanor. So, I want to know why i'm charged with misdemeanor. How can the police determine whether one is nfraction or misdemeanor for theft of recyclables?

Thank you,

w0k3r

thank you for the quick reply. Since I'm going to appeal soon, I want to know how to defend myself and persuade my way into the infraction side because it's possible to have jail time for misdemeanor. Am I correct? I can endure the fines but being locked up for categorized "misdemeanor" instead of "infraction" is just messed up.

Ozark_Sophist

thank you for the quick reply. Since I'm going to appeal soon, I want to know how to defend myself and persuade my way into the infraction side because it's possible to have jail time for misdemeanor. Am I correct? I can endure the fines but being locked up for categorized "misdemeanor" instead of "infraction" is just messed up.
Appeal? Has the matter been heard in court?

Charging up leaves room for a plea down.

w0k3r

The appeal is next week. I'll try to plead down on that day, but just worry about the possible jail time. That's why I started this post to ask the possible reasons for charging me misdemeanor instead of infraction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">