• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft in the second degree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slparker

What is the name of your state? alaska

i currently moved to california and just found out charges have been filed for a class c felony offense. can they extradite me back to alaska? to be exact this is the charge violation of 11.46.130 (a) (1). and 11.46.280 (a) (d) (2) what is the penalties for these being a first time offense??

Last edited:

JETX

AS 11.46.130. Theft in the Second Degree.
(a) A person commits the crime of theft in the second degree if the person commits theft as defined in AS 11.46.100 and
(1) the value of the property or services is $500 or more but less than $25,000;
<snip>
(c) Theft in the second degree is a class C felony.

AS 11.46.280. Issuing a Bad Check.
(d) Issuing a bad check is
(2) a class C felony if the face amount of the check is $500 or more but less than $25,000;

So, you have apparently been charged with two class C felonies.

"can they extradite me back to alaska?"
*** Yes they can extradite you.

"what is the penalties for these being a first time offense??"
*** Sentencing is governed by:
AS 12.55.125. Sentences of Imprisonment For Felonies.
(e) A defendant convicted of a class C felony may be sentenced to a definite term of imprisonment of not more than five years, and shall be sentenced to the following presumptive terms, subject to adjustment as provided in AS 12.55.155 - 12.55.175:
(1) if the offense is a second felony conviction, two years;
(2) if the offense is a third felony conviction, three years.
(3) [Repealed, Sec. 6 ch 6 SLA 1996].
(4) if the offense is a first felony conviction, and the defendant violated AS 08.54.720 (a)(15), one year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">