• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft of Sons Property while visiting friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MommyALA

What is the name of your state? PA

My son slepted over at a friends house. While there the Friends older sister also had friends over. The next day we discovered that his CD player had been taken. The older sister knows who took the device, but is not speaking up. (had told friends and other that she is aware of who took it).
I've attempted to work this out with the mother by asking for return of the CD and equipment (totaling $100), or to be reimbursed for the cost of it.
The mom is now avoiding my phone calls.
Do I have any claim to take this to Small claims to recover the cost? and what would my chances be of winning.
I have all intent of filing a police report to have a record of this theft, and for any furture thefts in the area or vandalisim (Older sister is not very well supervised.)

My son is 11, his friend is 12, the older sister is either 13 or 14. her Friends are around the same age or older.

I do feel that the Parents should be responsible to pay for the replacement cost, but I just want to make sure I have a legal foot to stand on.

Thank you in adavance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: OMG

Son of Slam said:
Can't we just get along? You should be glad they didn't steal his virginity.

======================================

My response:

Stop it, stop it, stop it!

You're killing me!

If you keep me laughing like this, I won't be able to respond to the idiots I have to respond to.

So, stop it!

IAAL

M

MommyALA

Well I guess that once again I’m proven correct that Lower class, uneducated people can also afford computers.

I ask for advice, to see what my rights are to protect not only my family but those of my neighbors, and People who are just like the white trash that rent in my neighborhood answer.

It is obvious by your replies, that you also have no moral values, and no life other then to respond in a adolescent way.

I can see that your parents were/are doing just as lousy job of raising you as the family of thief.

Good luck in your baseless life.

R

Ramoth

Mommy, if you want to call the police and report the theft, go right ahead. I doubt they can do anything, since you have no proof of guilt (hearsay doesn't count for anything). In the meantime, perhaps you should remind your son that he shouldn't take expensive electronics out of the house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">