• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft by taking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsaladbowl

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I am writing for my fiancée who is currently being held on charges of theft by taking in the Fulton County jail. He is a truck driver. He was waiting for a part for his truck and while waiting, the company called state troopers to arrest him. The already sent him to another state to get the part but they did not have it.All this info was transmitted to his supervisor and approved via the computer that is located in his truck cab. The load was removed and given to another driver to be taken to its location. No items were removed from the truck. His probation was reduced from $10k to $5000 but, we are only able to get him released if we know someone in Georgia. I don’t know anyone there. This is my first time with the legal system. Something tells me that this is going to be a real education. Here are my questions:
1. How do we secure a lawyer to fight this and can the case be transferred to another county for convenience sake since we live in ohio.
2. Give me a worst and best case scenario of sentencing.
3. Approximately, how much would we have to pay for retaining a lawyer.
4. What type lawyer should I secure? i.e. criminal, etc.
Thanks.

rmet4nzkx

dsaladbowl said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
I am writing for my fiancée who is currently being held on charges of theft by taking in the Fulton County jail. He is a truck driver. He was waiting for a part for his truck and while waiting, the company called state troopers to arrest him. The already sent him to another state to get the part but they did not have it.All this info was transmitted to his supervisor and approved via the computer that is located in his truck cab. The load was removed and given to another driver to be taken to its location. No items were removed from the truck. His probation was reduced from $10k to $5000 but, we are only able to get him released if we know someone in Georgia. I don’t know anyone there. This is my first time with the legal system. Something tells me that this is going to be a real education. Here are my questions:
1. How do we secure a lawyer to fight this and can the case be transferred to another county for convenience sake since we live in ohio.
2. Give me a worst and best case scenario of sentencing.
3. Approximately, how much would we have to pay for retaining a lawyer.
4. What type lawyer should I secure? i.e. criminal, etc.
Thanks.
1. He will need a criminal defense attorney, Fulton county has 2 bar associations, here is their contact information for attorney referral:
Bar Association: North Fulton Bar Association
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1282
Roswell, GA 30077
Attorney Referral #: use President's #
President's #: (770) 643-3800
Fax #: (770) 643-7245
Officers
President: Robert J. Hulsey

Bar Association: South Fulton Bar Association
Mailing Address:
2860 Church St.
East Point, GA 30344
Attorney Referral #: (404) 766-8393, Scott Walters Jr.
President's #: (404) 766-4953
Fax #: (404) 669-0080

Sorry, you can't get the venue moved to Ohio for your convienence.

2. Without the specific violation we cannot say, most can be found by a search on the internet.

3. The attorney will tell you that based on the case.

4. Criminal defense attorney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">