• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft at work, New Jersey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gopeder99

Ok, Recently at my Job (Sears) there has been some thefts to raise investigations by Loss prevention, there was some money and products stolen, so i guess they started talking to employees, they started with me, i got a speech from a loss prevention guy, and he asked what ive stolen, i didnt know if he had anything on me or not so i admitted, i paid for what ive taken, or brought it back, and they said they like to keep stuff in house, But they think ive taken Large Things like Tvs, Cameras, Dvd players, etc, But i never have, Honest to god i never had...

So they started an investigation on it, and said he was going to be looking over surveilance tapes of days that ive worked..

Now Im Extremely worried ( even though i shouldnt be because i didnt take anything like that), and whatever i did take i admitted to..

But The Loss Prevention guy was on speaker phone because hes in chicago, and the manager was in the room with me, and he said all sorts of stuff like hes gonna go threw tapes and bla bla, but i didnt know if it was some kind of scare tactic or not, but it worked, i just old him everything ive taken and brought back or paid for it.. tahts it.. like i wouldnt admit to all the other stuff, but still hide things...

Im Pretty scared, im 18 with no prior criminal record, What can i do? what should i do?

They sent me hoem today, he didnt say i was fired, they said that were gonna see where it goes from here, and if im gonna stay or be discharged..

i really dont know what to do

Betty

I think your best bet at this time is to just wait for them to complete their investigation & see what they say when they get back to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">