• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are there any laws on my side here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rplex

What is the name of your state? New York

I work as a bus aide for a summer camp for children with disabilities. A mother of a child on my bus verbally humilates me and verbally assaults me on almost a daily basis. For instance, on several occassions she has screamed at me for not physically buckling a child's seatbelt myself, even though I always watch and make sure the child puts his own seat belt on. On of the objectives of this summer camp is to teach children to become more independent, and I feel that an eight year old child is quite capable of putting his own seatbelt on to begin with. However, this mother has screamed and yelled at me in such a manner that it frightens me. She publically humilates me in front of all the other children on the bus as well. Are there any laws that exist in New York State that protect me from such verbal abuse? My bosses are all on my side, and agree that this woman is way out of line with the way she treats me. I know the cliche that "the customer is always right" but this summer camp and bus service is free for families, and I am frankly sick of taking such humiliation. My own parents never even yell at me in such a manner as this woman does.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Fuggetaboutit!

She's a typical New Yorker. If it were legally allowable, New Yorkers would eat their own children.

New Yorkers are loud, argumentative, nasty, rude, idiots.

All you have to do is run up to her with your fists waving, and you screaming like a Banshee, and she'll stop.

Either that, or carry a Louisville Slugger baseball bat with you.

IAAL

R

rplex

haha I do agree that this woman is loud, nasty, arguementative rude idiot, but not all New Yorkers are!! It's just people like her who give us a bad reputation.
Anyways, thanks for your quick response. It definitely cheered me up!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">