• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a crime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wbrad

What is the name of your state?Hello. I live in Florida. Can someone answer this for me? I work at the front desk of a hotel. A guest, who had received a complimentary room was, nevertheless, unhappy. She walked up to me as I was at the front dest and, for ten minutes, cursed me out with every obscenity that can be imagined. This was all done in a loud, abusive tone. Irrespective of what hotel policy might be, my question is, has she committed a crime? Is this "verbal assault?" Could I have called the police and personally pressed a charge? This all occured on my first night on the job, and left me somewhat shaken. :eek:

CdwJava

No crime against you. The individual might be able to be charged with a criminal offense regarding disrupting a place of business, but not likely for yelling at you.

- Carl

wbrad

Thanks

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply. The next time you are in Florida the croissants are on me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">