• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are they above the law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NEED TO KNOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know that it was the law that if you are a Cook County Judge, you must live in Cook County. (1)What is the penelity if this requirement is ignored? (2)If a Judge retires but still substiutes, must he still by law live in Cook County? (3)If I know of a Judge who lives outside Cook County, who and where would I report it to?
I have a cousin who lived in Skokie and worked for the park district for over twenty years.
In order to keep his job he had to sell his house and move with in Cook County.
Thank You

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

check your state bar association. Contact 411 and ask for your state bar. Then ask them for the bylaws on ethics with Judges, including any applicable residence requirements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">