• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threat of bodily harm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tonyakc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I've received a message on Facebook, from a former friend, containing a threat to do bodily harm to me (sodomize me) if I say one more thing about his new girlfriend**************i.e.: I'll shove that stick of yours so far up your ass you won't know what hit ya.
Question: Can this guy be prosecuted for making such a threat to me? What is the crime & what type of punishment would the court impose how if he was found guilty?

eerelations

Before I answer your question, I need more information, including what you've been saying about this guy's girlfriend.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I've received a message on Facebook, from a former friend, containing a threat to do bodily harm to me (sodomize me) if I say one more thing about his new girlfriend**************i.e.: I'll shove that stick of yours so far up your ass you won't know what hit ya.
Question: Can this guy be prosecuted for making such a threat to me? What is the crime & what type of punishment would the court impose how if he was found guilty?
...talk about thin skin. Leave his girlfriend alone.

eerelations

Right. If you're really afraid of bodily harm, then just stop talking about the girlfriend.

However, if what you really want is to screw your former friend, then tell us what you've been saying about the girlfriend - that'll help us decide if you have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">