• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threat of false accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SuHWeeTLuVr99

IL-
i have an adult friend who was present durin a crime when he was in his teens. the status of this crime as of this day is considered unsolved cuz of no evidence. now, ova 5 yearz lata, my friend is in an unhappi and abusive relationship. the gurl that he's with NOW was therre with my friend and saw tha committed crime and knows all about it. whut his "gurlfriend" is doin now iz tellin him that if he leaves her or does anything bad to her, she's gonna tell the cops about whut happened....so obviously, my friend seems stuck in tha situation that he can't leave her or else he goes to jail.

my question to you is this; IF in fact his gurlfriend tells on him, would tha case be reopened and mah friend be investigated? also, if his gurl leaves an anonymous tip with the police, wouldnt HIS GURL be just as much at fault because she withheld tha information fer 6 yearz b4 she told? overall, i wanna know if this gurl accuses mah friend of this, wit there bein NO evidence, would tha tip even be taken seriously, since this "trick" iz pulled constantly by spiteful ex's trying to get sumone in trouble?

B

Boxcarbill

SuHWeeTLuVr99 said:
IL-
i have an adult friend who was present durin a crime when he was in his teens. the status of this crime as of this day is considered unsolved cuz of no evidence. now, ova 5 yearz lata, my friend is in an unhappi and abusive relationship. the gurl that he's with NOW was therre with my friend and saw tha committed crime and knows all about it. whut his "gurlfriend" is doin now iz tellin him that if he leaves her or does anything bad to her, she's gonna tell the cops about whut happened....so obviously, my friend seems stuck in tha situation that he can't leave her or else he goes to jail.

my question to you is this; IF in fact his gurlfriend tells on him, would tha case be reopened and mah friend be investigated? also, if his gurl leaves an anonymous tip with the police, wouldnt HIS GURL be just as much at fault because she withheld tha information fer 6 yearz b4 she told? overall, i wanna know if this gurl accuses mah friend of this, wit there bein NO evidence, would tha tip even be taken seriously, since this "trick" iz pulled constantly by spiteful ex's trying to get sumone in trouble?
Very vague. For murder there is no statute of limitations. For everything else, there is and it varies depending upon the crime and upon the particular state's law as to what is the statute of limitation. You also did not state whether the friend and/or the girl were merely witnesses to the crime or whether they are parties to the offense. Regardless, the police need evidence. A phone call without more provides nothing more than an allegation. Is she prepared to furnish corroborating evidence? Is the girl prepared to testify at trial? She needs to ask herself a lot of questions before she makes the call or threatens to make the call. She could be biting off more than she is prepared to chew.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">