• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threat on property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cody'sMom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Not sure if I am in the right area. Please forgive me if this is not correct.
I was told last night that a 20 year old boy has stated to his friends that he will be going to my husband’s house to trash it and do damage to my husband’s vehicles. This boy is upset with my husband for telling his girlfriend that he is cheating on her. Dumb and childlike, I know. However, my home is not just my husband’s home and the vehicles are both of ours. Since he made that statement, I wanted to talk to him to remind him that he is not just threatening my husband’s property, he is threatening my property. I know about community property, but I want to make sure the boy knows. Up until this threat, I have minded my own business. I go to work, pick up my child from daycare, come home, relax and spend time with my 7-year-old and husband. I do not have experience with drama so this morning I went to the boy’s parent’s house and spoke with them. They were very defensive and did not want to believe the statement. I asked them if I could talk to their son and confirm what he said, they said no. Against their wishes I called their son who does not live with them, left a voice message on 3 phones. He has yet to call me back. I was able to reach his ex-girlfriend who confirmed the statement. She is not too bright, she wanted to argue with me that I am a woman and everything belongs to the man. Her ex-boyfriend will be damaging my husbands property, not mine. Not that it really matters, but the house is in my name, my husbands truck is in my name, my SUV is in my name, I pay the bills. My husband is a good man, just unable to work since an injury.
I believe that is the whole story. I just do not know what to do. I have called the police department to file a report in case I end up with damages, which will be covered under insurance, but with a deductible. Police have said it is hear say and he has not threatened me directly. I’m wondering if a restraining order is too soon or if there is anything else I can do to prevent this from happening.
Any advise would be most appreciated. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">