• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened harm through ones attempt to hire another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jude3500

Illinois

I'm in a scary situation and do not know what to do. Last night I got into a scuffle with another co worker at a bar, after a party held for my company through another company.

I woke up this morning saying to myself, "got to go to work and smooth things over with this guy later today." I also work from home and received a call at about noon from a person I used to work with and have known for about 2 years. Anyway, this person I know called to ask me what happened at the bar??? I asked how he heard about it since it happened late and there was only myself and one other from work (except the person who I scuffled with) and I had told no one of the occurance... he told ME to tell the story first. I did. He then told me some crazy rendition of the occurance - but that was not the purpose of his call.

He said that he was contacted by the person I had the scuffle with. He told him a very different story but then propositioned him with an offer for money to beat me badly... "to split my skull open." He called me to let me know what was going on and that the individual was coming to his place of work later with money to take care of it. I WAS SHOCKED.

Later in the day (I then did not go to work) I contacted the CPD and they told me that there was nothing they could do until money is exchanged. I also called my manager to advise what was going on. I recieved a call at about 7PM tonight from the person who was propositioned. It seems that this individual I had the scuffle with came to his residence and worked out that after the deed was done he would pay him cash. To also add, I received another call about 15 minutes from a representative from the company who held the party the night before. He wanted to let me know that one of his employees received a call from my co worker who had the scuffle with. He told this employee some sick and strange things- that "he doesnt know it yet but he's gonna get it. and something to the extent that my children or first born will be killed" I don't have kids??? but still this is getting out of hand.

What can I do to stop this and do I have any recourse? I am concerned that this guy may be calling others with the same proposition. The person from the other company who called me said he's willing to come forward. But, I am concerned for myself and others around me. Please help.

jvstice

Try to get some record. Tell the propositioned guys if they could get this guy put his plans in writting in e mail form. Also, get a small recorder, and have the parties to perform the beating on you tape record the conversation.
Get the parites exchange the money for hire. Tell the parties that it is in the best interest of all of you ( not just you) to do something about this, they could be the next ones.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">