• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened my life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Asking4advice

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello,
I appreciate any information anyone can give me on this matter.......On a three way phone call between my boyfriend, me and this girl who based on racial bias has attempted to split us up, cause I am white and he is black, threatened my life.....by saying exactly this......"come to florida and i will kill you" .....(i was in another country at the time it was said)......in the same phone call i was called a piece of white trash......i dont know this girl, and did nothing to provoke her, from my impression she is just plain racist. I took her threat seriously considering her erratic and destructive behaviour. I would like to know if threatening a persons life is against the law, and what can be done about it?? is calling me white trash a racial crime? She has also used her phone at work to make harrassing calls to our family and friends, i am somewhat aware that is against the law. With the details i have provided can any tell me how i can handle this matter legally?? is she harrassing me?? can anything be done about her harrassment??
I appreciate ur responses
thank you

A

aj777ga

Racially motivated harrassment

Georgia...Hi there , anytime someone threatens another persons life it (a terroristic threat) as in reffering to you as white trash ,is a personal attack on you (Slander) You do need evidence or witnesses to realistically pursue a strong case.though calling to or from work phones is on tax payers time . This country still has a very long way to go in order for equal law to eqaully apply.
i would suggest contacting a civil rights attourny or have witness listen to this womans remarks to be there as potentiol witnesses in a cival court you can sue her for emmotional suffering due to her continiuing racial verbal harrassments.

Y

yoyoma

Oh comeon dont you watch Jerry Springer or the hoochie mamma show Rikki Lake

Its probably some slut ho mamma who slept with your boyfriend and now she wants to get even.

You know maybe she is RIGHT....you are white trailer trash, since thats where all this rascim comes from.

I ve dated black women and so have my friends dated other races, so why dont we get that kind of abuse?

cause you iz trailer trash and you are dealing with low life redneck scum, who are so pathetic and have so little in their lives and of course being in the south...

So this is all she has to show you,....on how she iz bettah den U!

why do you hang around such garbage people.

J

Judi Kay

I am not an attorney but would like to comment.

Racist - it gives me a bad taste in my mouth - everyone is screaming racist and because of this, I am in trouble myself.

Why can't people not judge other people on the color of their skin. I moved to the South 4 years ago and am sick of hearing the word racist. It has destroyed my life....my career and my reputation just because someone is screaming racist. People down here in the south need to get a life.

ellencee

Judi Kay
When you 'talk' about the South's racism, you are doing exactly what you supposedly abhor. Check out New York, Illinois, Ohio, California, Michigan--talk about racism!!!
There are alot of people, world-wide, who oppose inter-racial marriages or relationships; the South isn't big enough to hold all of those who oppose such relationships.
Stick to your 'legal' issue, if there is one, and be careful not to make disparaging remarks about the South if you truly believe in equality among people and have no bias of your own.

Last edited:
F

finally legal

why must the south always be talked of in the negative !!!! i was born in the west and have lived in every region of this country and have always been proud to call the SOUTH my home. yet continually i must defend what i love.... as my grandmother always told me growing up in our southern home,'' if you have nothing nice to say, then you shouldn't say anything at all.''

A

Asking4advice

Just to explain my reason for this post, i did not intend this to be anything related to how the southern states of america are divided racially, which states are worse than others.....Also, my story was not intended to be some boyfriend, girlfriend problem, I would ask Dr phil and oprah for help on that, i was just explaining a situation. I do not appreciate being called trailer/ white trash, I dont live in Florida, I dont even live in the USA, i have family there I was staying with at the time this happened.
I am not a redneck, and what would be classified as a redneck anyway?? If i was redneck, would i be with a black guy?? I mean the post by yoyoma, is exactly what starts this kind of racially ignorant crap. people who cant see beyond colour, race or religion.
I only wanted info on my life being threatened by a racially motivated person.

Y

yoyoma

. as my grandmother always told me growing up in our southern home,'' if you have nothing nice to say, then you shouldn't say anything at all.'' [/B]

THAT is exactly how rascim hangings, KKK, rednecks began and stayed throughout the south....

It is the WORST quote in the world to live by!

F

finally legal

yoyoma said:

THAT is exactly how rascim hangings, KKK, rednecks began and stayed throughout the south....

It is the WORST quote in the world to live by!
were you born an idiot, or just worked at it your whole life ?
what does '' racism hanging's, KKK, and rednecks have anything to do with ''keeping your mouth shut if you have nothing nice to say''.
''WORST quote in the world to live by'' ? why don't you try it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">