• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

three misdemeanors=felony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

inotabadguy

What is the name of your state? California

I have been convicted of 594 (a) Vandalism, 23152 (a) DUI, and I just was given a citation for driving on a suspended licensce. I heard that three misdemeanors is a felony. Is this true? If so is there the possiblity that it will be reduced? Thanks for your reply in advance.

B

badtenant

YES YOU ARE A BAD GUY.............

3 scewups, and you want us to be nice to you?

These are not ordinary screwups, but screwups that put people in danger.

DUI, suspended license, what if you killed someone tonight while driving illegally?

Vandalism, What for? did the person do something to you , so you have to get even? What if that act of vandalism was so bad it forced the owner/landlord to close his business and fired his employees do you think is was a minor crime then?

You might as face them music, you are a screw-up, and if you dont get jail time now, the next crime you commit will be bigger, badder, and hopefully get YOU KILLED!

M

momof3kiddos

I usually just sit back and read and don't reply much even when the responses I read are completely idiotic and I have to bite my tongue. But this one just really got me. What kind of person are you, badtenant, to tell this poster that you hope they get killed? Why can't people who come to this forum get a clue? It's a LEGAL ADVICE FORUM which means that most of the people that come here are probably in some kind of trouble. If you don't like the people here then stay away, it's really quite simple. I don't condone people breaking the law whatsoever but we are HUMAN and it is going to happen. This poster has a DUI - my kids could have been killed by him driving under the influence and that pisses me off. But he came here with a legal question: Do his 3 misdemeanors add up to a felony? That's all he asked. He didn't say, "Hey, what's your opinion of me?!" and he certainly doesn't deserve (may God forgive you) you telling him to die. Good grief.

M

momof3kiddos

Son of Slam...

Okay, you're right. I bit. I just can't believe that a human being can tell another human being that 'hopefully they'll get killed.' Unbelievable.

B

badtenant

he certainly doesn't deserve (may God forgive you) you telling him to die. Good grief.

>>>> OK mom of 3

Then let him drive drunk on a suspeneded license,and then CRASH into you and your 3 kids and he is the only one that survives, is that a better outcome?

M

momof3kiddos

badtenant...

Of course I wouldn't want that to happen. If you read my post I stated that the fact that this person was DUI and could have killed my kids (or anyone else's for that matter) really pissed me off. I'm not condoning this person's actions. All I'm saying is that his legal question was 'do three misdemeanors equal a felony?' Telling someone that 'hopefully he'll get killed' is off the charts in the un-called-for category. But, that's just my thoughts - I know YOU didn't ask for my opinion either but I just couldn't stay quiet on that one.

B

Boxcarbill

badtenant said:
he certainly doesn't deserve (may God forgive you) you telling him to die. Good grief.

>>>> OK mom of 3

Then let him drive drunk on a suspeneded license,and then CRASH into you and your 3 kids and he is the only one that survives, is that a better outcome?
The fallacy in logic of the either or outcome!

B

Boxcarbill

inotabadguy said:
What is the name of your state? California

I have been convicted of 594 (a) Vandalism, 23152 (a) DUI, and I just was given a citation for driving on a suspended licensce. I heard that three misdemeanors is a felony. Is this true? If so is there the possiblity that it will be reduced? Thanks for your reply in advance.
For some offenses the third misdemeanor can be prosecuted as a felony. Examples which come to mind under Texas law are theft and DWI (a.k.a. DUI). But third unrelated misdemeanor offense cannot be prosecuted as a felony.

calatty

Three misdemeanors do not equal a felony in California. Under PC 666, a petty theft can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor if the defendant had a prior theft-related conviction, but that does not affect inotabadguy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">