• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket Scalping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thaschit

I live in Oklahoma. I am 18, i do not have a Lawyer, and probably dont plan on getting one. During the March Madness tournament, I was arrested for scalping tickets to an undercover officer. I dont know what to do. I have never had a problem with the law before, I have never had a ticket of any kind. I was just wondering what yall think my sentencing will be, I do plan on pleading guilty.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

thaschit said:
I live in Oklahoma. I am 18, i do not have a Lawyer, and probably dont plan on getting one. During the March Madness tournament, I was arrested for scalping tickets to an undercover officer. I dont know what to do. I have never had a problem with the law before, I have never had a ticket of any kind. I was just wondering what yall think my sentencing will be, I do plan on pleading guilty.

My response:

Well, if I were the judge, I'd sentence you to 200 hours of watching the Partridge Family Band reunion! A fate worse than death!

You'll probably be paying a small fine, and told to "never do that again."

IAAL

T

thaschit

I would much rather go to jail than watch 200 hours of the patridge family:D . I just hope you are rite.

T

thaschit

Well, i did have court today, and plead no contest. And the judge fined me 300 dollars, that didnt bother me since the maximum penalty was 700, but the court cost was an outragous 98 dollars. I think i got out what i wanted, and hope i never have to enter that court again unless im sitting in the judges chair.

R

RandyL712

I think $400 is a cheap lesson... Could have been a lot worse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">