• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tickets - In Subway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

s_berigan

What is the name of your state? New York City

Ok, I got a ticket for falling asleep in the subway. I have since lost that ticket, and I don't know how much, nor where I pay for that ticket.

How do I find out how much I owe, and where do I pay for it?

Thanks;-)

email response to [email protected]

S

seniorjudge

It's illegal to fall asleep in the subway?

Anyway, go to the cop shop nearest the location where you fell asleep and axe them.

S

seniorjudge

Why is it illegal to sleep in the subway?

I thought that was just a Petula Clark song!?

http://www.lovelyrics.com/artists/PETULA%20CLARK%20lyrics/PETULA%20CLARK%20DON'T%20SLEEP%20IN%20THE%20SUBWAY%20lyrics.php

s_berigan

Yes, and I found this out the hard way.

I have to say that I had had a few alcoholic beverages of intoxicating liquor, thus rendering myself sedated, to say the least.

I was abruptly awakened by two police officers. As they started to write me a ticket, I started to walk away; they cuffed me and sat me down.

They gave me the ticket, un-cuffed me, and walked away.

I placed the ticket on the bench and next thing I knew the train was coming.

Without realizing that I had left the ticket behind, I jumped onto the downtown A train.

Damn!

Bear in mind, this was late at night, the subway was a ghost town, there was absolutely nobody there, except for the guy on the other platform who found it amusing and funny that I was being treated the way I was, for simply falling asleep.

Here's to you, other guy, who laughed uncontrollably at my uncontested misfortune :)

You Are Guilty

There are a number of minor violations they could have written you up for (public intoxication, taking up two seats, etc), but that's not the important part. Depending on when this happened, your failure to appear at your court date may have resulted in a bench warrant being issued for your arrest.

That means, the next time you have a run in with NY's Finest, you will unceremoniously be taken down to the local clink.

So now that you have the proper motivation to clear this up ASAP, I'd start by calling the TAB at 347-643-5805. If they don't have a record of your ticket, let us know what train/stop you think you received it around and I can probably direct you to the local precinct that issued it.

s_berigan

It was not that long ago, maybe two weeks, so I think I still have time to pay it.

The station was 125th street

You Are Guilty

s_berigan said:
It was not that long ago, maybe two weeks, so I think I still have time to pay it.

The station was 125th street
"125th Street" doesn't really narrow it down to one precinct, so feel free to try the 23-26th (I'm sure the numbers/addresses are on the internet somewhere) if the TAB hotline doesn't pan out.

And if it was ~2 weeks, you should have plenty of time to straighten it out. I don't think I've ever seen a ticket with a court date quicker than a month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">