• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time limitations on worthless checks..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

javon76

I live in the state of Kansas.. i need to know if there is a time limit on when a check recovery agency can collect on a check. i wrote some checks that bounced back in 96' and thought that i had paid them all, but now i recieved a letter stating that i have some judgements on the checks that i thought were already paid. six years ago!! so how long can they legally hold on to them without notifiying me of the debt? thanks for your help in this matter....

L

LCooley311

i did the same thing in 1992(st louis mo here), yesterday someone finally called me to say i have 48 hrs to pay the $400 plus another $450 in fees....whatta joke!

M

markalot

bad checks

in alabama a merchant has 1yr from date ck issued to get a warrant. there is no statute of limitations on when the warrant can be served it could be 2-20 years as long as warrant was obtained by 1 yr. and there is no time limitations on collecting the amounts owed after arrested and convicted. on top of that the da office adds a 30% fee of total amounts owed to be paid to them if checks are not paid in time limit ordered by a judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">